B. Tech. Computer Science and Business Systems
Our 4-year B.Tech in Computer Science and Business Systems programme focuses on imparting the necessary skills and knowledge to create future technology. The programme covers all the underlying aspects of modern computer science, along with the theory and practical knowledge needed to build a successful and impactful career in the field of information technology, software development, and computer science.
A B.Tech in Computer Science and Business Systems from our institute covers a well-designed curriculum that comprises experiential learning to meet the changing needs of the computer science industry. The programme aims to create an excellent academic ambience that promotes innovation and research, along with the collaboration of world-class academic institutions and software industries for mutual benefit. A degree in this program will cover the following topics:
- Fundamentals of Computer Science and STEM
- Software Engineering and Statistical Studies
- Design Analysis and Analytical Thinking
- Computer Networks & Information Security
- Usability Design and It Project Management
Additionally, the programme will also educate the students on basic business communication, fundamentals of economics, financial management, and human resource management to develop the necessary skills needed for dynamic applications of software in today’s world.
Scope of B.Tech Computer Science and Business Systems
The programme will assist students in identifying, formulating and solving engineering problems to provide efficient solutions. Upon the completion of the programme, Graduates will be able to design and develop computer-based applications of varying complexities in emerging areas of Computer Science and Engineering. Graduates can apply the skills learnt through internships and collaborative projects with the industry in real-time project development.
Career Options for B.Tech Computer Science and Business Systems
Students who enroll in the B.Tech Computer Science and Business Systems programme have a plethora of career opportunities. The options include:
- Database Administrator
- Computer Hardware Engineer
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Software Developer
- Computer Network Architect
- Web Developer
- Project Manager
- Computer Science Blogger
Programme offered at
- GITAM School of Technology, Visakhapatnam campus
- GITAM School of Technology, Hyderabad campus
- GITAM School of Technology, Bengaluru campus
Duration of the Programme
- 4 Years
- A minimum of 60% or 6.0 CGPA (55% in case of CBSE and ICSE) aggregate marks in Intermediate or 10+2 examination from a recognized central / state board (except open schools) with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics subjects and Qualified in GAT UG (Engineering) 2023.