Animal House, GITAM (Deemed to be University), Visakhapatnam is registered with ‘Committee for the Purpose of Control and Supervision of Experiments on Animals’ (CPCSEA), Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Government of India with registration no. 1287/PO/Re/S/2009/CPCSEA. The animal house (197 Sqm) is intended to support the in-house and collaborative research for education purpose using small animals. All the animals are procured from CPCSEA registered breeder.
- Developing new therapeutic molecules from natural/synthetic/biological sources for management of diseases.
- Studying the characteristic features, safety and efficacy of new chemical entities.
- Establishing PK-PD correlation of a drug and its formulations.
- Developing animal models to study the putative mechanism(s) involved in the disease progression.
Animal House Facility
- Guinea pigs
- Quarantine room
- Procedural and intervention room
- Animal housing rooms for mouse, rat, guinea pig, rabbit
- Autoclave and wash room
- Food and bedding material storage room
- Post-surgical care room
- Preparatory room
- PPE room
- Auxiliary technical Staff room
- Animal cage changing station with HEPA filter
- Euthanasia Chamber
- Deep freezer (-20°)
- RO System