National Academic Depository (NAD)
The government has established a Digital Depository of Academic Awards known as the National Academic Depository (NAD), on the pattern of Securities Depository. The NAD helps in validating the authenticity of these awards and ensuring their safe storage and easy retrieval. Maintaining academic awards in a Digital Depository benefits provide benefits to Educational institutions, Students and Employers by enabling online access and retrieval, elimination fraudulent practices such as faking/forging of certificates and mark-sheets and facilitate validation.
NAD is an initiative of the Government of India, facilitated by MHRD. NAD is a national database set up to hold academic awards issued by Academic Institutions (AI) in an electronic form. MHRD has proposed to establish a Digital Depository for School Leaving Certificates, College Degrees, Academic Awards and Mark sheets, on the pattern of a Securities Depository. This will help validate their authenticity, safe storage and easy retrieval.
Academic Bank of Credits (ABC)
Academic Bank of Credits has been established on the lines of the National Academic Depository (NAD), in the sense, NAD is the backbone of ABC, where the students' academic data are held and academic awards are stored (i.e. storehouse of academic awards). Despite the fact that ABC enables students to register or commence credit transfer, the final outcomes of credit redemption and issuance of certificates, as well as the compilation of award records, are administered by academic institutions via the NAD Platform.
- Operate in fully online mode
- Allows Academic Institutions to lodge Academic Awards in digital format and maintains the integrity of the awards lodged in DigiLocker, NAD/ABC.
- Allow Students to retrieve their lodged academic awards at any time
- Allow Employers and other persons (with the consent of the concerned Student) to verify the authenticity of any Academic Award.
- Maintain the authenticity, integrity, and confidentiality of the databases
- Institutional intervention to strengthen Academic Award notification and dissemination.
- Enhances efficiency in providing services to NAD/ABC Stakeholders.
- Attempts to eliminate undesirable practices such as corruption, manipulation of records, etc. and brings in transparency.
- Eliminates fake/forged certificates.
- Helps in Policy formulation with accurate MIS/Analytics.
- Online centralized system
- Credit accumulation and redeption
- Credit audit trail management
- Credit accounting
- Enable student mobility
- Academic flexibility
- Allows student to choose own learning path
- Recognized learning achievements
- Multiple entry multiple exit
- Any time any where learning
- Allows student to study at their own pace
NAD & ABC Registration
Register to get online access to your acedemic certificates
Prof. BSN Murthy
Nodal Officer, NAD/ABC
Nodal Officer, NAD/ABC
Directorate of Evaluation
2nd Floor, GITAM Bhavan,Visakhapatnam Campus
Gandhi Nagar, Rushikonda
Visakhapatnam - 530 045, AP