B.Sc. in Electronics is a 3-year program that forms the backbone of our daily electrical gadgets. It is based on science, technology, and engineering and deals with various electrical components and devices like circuits, diodes, ICs, etc.
A degree program in the area of electronics will cover the following topics:
- Electricity and Electronics
- Basic Mathematics
- Electromagnetism and AC Circuits
- Digital and Analogue Circuits
- Electronic Communication
- Data Processing
The students are also given a brief idea about troubleshooting electrical appliances, programming, modern electrical devices, and their uses. The application of electronics in various fields is also one of the primary focuses of the programme. The programme also offers a basic knowledge of corporate communication and universal human values in most universities to ensure overall development.
Scope of B.Sc. in Electronics
Once a student has completed the degree of B.Sc. in Electronics, they are capable enough to understand the knick-knacks of electronic circuits that are a necessity in almost all the devices we use today. Right from conceptualization of the devices to the manufacturing of such devices to their use and repair- all such steps need people who have a deep knowledge of electronics, and B.Sc. provides this knowledge in Electronics.
Career options for B.Sc. in Electronics
Students willing to choose BSc in Electronics as a programme have many job opportunities and even have scope for a startup. A lot of people who do B.Sc in electronics start their repair and retail shop electronics. Some of the job opportunities and startup ideas after a BSc in Electronics include:
- AV Production Specialist
- Sound Technician
- Broadcast Technician
- Communication System Operator
- Television Production Manager
- Repair and Retail shop electronics
- Recycle e-waste
- Become an educator
Programme offered at
- GITAM School of Science,Visakhapatnam Campus
- GITAM School of Science,Bengaluru Campus
Duration of the programme
- 3 Years
- A minimum of 50% or 5.0 CGPA (55% in the case of CBSE, ICSE, ISCSE, IGSCE, and IB) in 10+2 examination or equivalent examination in any discipline from a recognized Central / State Board or its equivalent and Qualified in GAT (UG Science) 2023.