Bachelor of Architecture
Our 5-year B.Arch. (Bachelor of Architecture) programme seeks to produce competent and professional architects with a high sense of ethics and integrity. The programme teaches students about the applications of design thinking, building creative solutions, and imagining futuristic environments for living, working, and playing.
A Bachelor of Architecture from our institute will help students build expertise in structural & material systems, building science, and environmental systems - ultimately pushing them to extend their own abilities and develop new directions for their careers. A degree in this program will cover the following topics.
- Basics of Architecture, Building Materials, Building Construction, Architectural Design, Climatology in Architecture.
- Structural design program fundamentals related to Surveying, Theory of Structures, Design of Steel and RCC.
- Interdisciplinary Electives give interdisciplinary exposure and nurture the student’s skills.
- Open Electives of general nature, either related or unrelated to the discipline.
- Undergo Practical Training (PT), in which the student is exposed to practical design problems.
Scope of Bachelor of Architecture
The programme will enable students to achieve complete foundational knowledge of design and provide an introduction to Architecture and its various systems. A student will also develop research excellence in the field of architecture design through this programme. A Bachelor of Architecture will equip students with the necessary design skills to create sustainable, futuristic, and modern spaces for societal progress.
Additionally, the programme will also educate the students on Architectural Drawing & Graphics, Basic Design, and the applications of design, ensuring all the elements of the programme have been properly covered that lead to a successful career. Scope of Bachelor of Architecture.
Career Options for Bachelor of Architecture
Students who enroll in the B. Arch programmes will be able to explore a diverse range of career options upon completion. The options include:
- Architectural Technologist
- Interior & Spatial Designer
- Building Surveyor
- Town Planner
- Production Designer
- Landscape Architect
Programme offered at
- GITAM School of Architecture, Visakhapatnam campus
- GITAM School of Architecture, Hyderabad campus
Duration of the Programme
- 5 Years
- A minimum of 50% aggregate marks in Intermediate or 10+2 examination or 10+3 Diploma with Physics , Chemistry and Mathematics or equivalent grade in the qualifying examination.
- In addition to the above, the candidates have to qualify in NATA with a minimum of 70 marks out of 200 marks or qualifying marks as prescribed by the Council of Architecture for B.Arch Admission are eligible for admission.