B. Tech. Electronics and Communication Engineering
A 4-year B.Tech. Electronics and Communication Engineering programme seeks to produce skilled electronics and communication professionals with a strong foundation in the fundamentals of Electronics and Communication Engineering who can engineer large, relevant, and robust electronics & communication systems.
Our B.Tech. Electronics and Communication Engineering programme prepares the students for either a professional career or advanced disciplines. The curriculum is designed to deliver comprehensive knowledge and teachings on electronics and communication engineering to ensure students develop a complete understanding of the subject. A degree in this programme will cover the following topics:
- Analog & Digital Communication
- Digital Logic & Circuits
- Coding & Information Theory
- Wireless Networking
- Signal Processing
- Electronics Architecture & Protocols
Additionally, the programme will also educate the students on the general principles of all the disciplines of engineering. The programme will also instill teamwork, leadership, and communication skills in the student with professional, ethical, and human values to be responsible citizens of society.
Scope of B.Tech. Electronics and Communication Engineering
Upon the completion of the programme, students will be able to design and develop electronic, communication, and signal processing systems for engineering applications in the fields of consumer electronics, embedded, wireless communication, networking, and allied interdisciplinary areas. Graduates will also learn how to research and devise appropriate technologies for the implementation of the electronics and telecommunication systems as an entrepreneur/researchers with professional ethics & concern for societal wellbeing.
Career Options for B.Tech. Electronics and Communication Engineering
Students who enroll in the B.Tech. Electronics and Communication Engineering programme will develop the necessary skills to become successful professionals and experts in the field. The wide range of career opportunities include:
- Telecom Engineer
- R&D Software Engineer
- Software Analyst
- Electronic Design Engineer
- Desktop Support Engineer
- Technical Director
- Network Planning Engineer
- Service Engineer
Programme offered at
- GITAM School of Technology, Visakhapatnam campus
- GITAM School of Technology, Hyderabad campus
- GITAM School of Technology, Bengaluru campus
Duration of the Programme
- 4 Years
- A minimum of 60% or 6.0 CGPA (55% in case of CBSE and ICSE) aggregate marks in Intermediate or 10+2 examination from a recognized central / state board (except open schools) with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics subjects and Qualified in GAT UG (Engineering) 2022.