- Pick and dropping of international students and faculty from the airport on arrival and departure.
- ‘study-buddy’ for every foreign student.
- Welcome and Orientation Programme for interns and foreign students.
- Assists online foreigner’s registration process and facilitate visit to the FRRO
- Provides feedback to parents/ guardians of NRI and foreign students on academic performance.
- Counsel students who have problems related to personal, professional or cultural issues.
- Organizes special bridge programme in Communicative English for students from non English speaking countries.
- Facilitates networking with other students from other backgrounds through cultural programs/tours
- Facilitates visa extension
The Study-Buddy Program is an initiative launched by the International Office to provide information to international newcomers and to assist them adjust to the new environment. Every international student gets a “Buddy” (a GITAM student who is familiar with the university's/institute’s structures), who will give a helping hand during their stay at GITAM
As a Study Buddy you will have the opportunity of meeting and interacting with students from different parts of the world. What this means and the concomitant benefits that accrue are entirely dependent on the student–mentor relationship and the bond that is established due to the interactions between both parties.
Events & Support Services
Apart from all admission related activities, we organize a variety of activities where international students of GITAM are able to meet on a common platform and display their many talents.
As a part of enriching your international experience, we organize the Food Festival, NGO visits, Blood Donation Camps, Tree Plantation ceremonies, Iftar Party, Christmas Party, Diwali Party, Dance Competition and Sports activities like football tournament and many more. There is no limit to our pride on seeing you on stage, performing and displaying your talents where we are able to better absorb the cultural essence of your nations.
International Office is assisted in such activities by the International Student's Council. We are fully committed to providing you with assistance, support and guidance to solve all your problems and make your international experience a fruitful one. We try to guide you as we would guide our own children, showing you the right path when we know that you have strayed and encouraging you in all your pursuits, be it academics or other extracurricular activities.