M.Sc Environmental Science
A Master of Science in Environmental Science, also known as an MSc Environmental Science, is a postgraduate program that lasts two years and is completed full-time. During this time, students have the opportunity to specialize in various fields, including chemistry, engineering, biology conservation, and ecology.
The students will understand environmental pollution and dangers from this programme, designed to help them discover and implement sustainable environmental protection and management practices. The programme material provides applicants with a rock-solid foundation.
The training is broken up into four separate terms spread over two years. The specific scientific study of plants, fungus, and algae, and in-depth coverage of areas like physiology and anatomy, are all included. Anyone who has completed high school and possesses a bachelor's degree in science, engineering, mathematics, economics, statistics, geography, or geology with an aggregate score of at least 60% is qualified to apply for this program.
Topics covered under the programme:
- Environmental Microbiology
- Basic Computer Concepts
- Solid Waste Management & Soil Pollution
- Remote sensing Techniques in Environmental Management
- Marine Pollution and Coastal Zone Management
Scope in M.Sc. Environmental Science
The field of environmental science is a vast one that is highly regarded worldwide and offers many work prospects. Candidates can advance their careers in India and other countries through the enormous number of options available in both the commercial and public sectors.
Career Options in M.Sc. Environmental Science
After obtaining a degree in the relevant subject area, you will find that there is a wide variety of work opportunities available to you, including positions in fertilizer plants, as an environmental journalist for any newspaper or television station, on a pollution control board, in the food processing industry, refineries, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), the textile industry, and many other workplaces.
- Environmental Consultant
- Environmental Scientist
- Environmental Science Manager
- Wildlife Filmmaker
- Environmental Journalists
- Director of Waste Management
- Environmental Photographer
- Conservation Hydrologist
Programme offered at
- GITAM School of Science, Visakhapatnam campus
Duration of the Programme
- 2 Years
- A pass in the qualifying exam with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the concerned discipline from any recognized university and also the candidate has to appear for GAT (PG Science) 2022.
- BEM/B.Sc. in Biological Science/Physical Science /B.Tech./B.Pharm./B.Sc. Agriculture