M.Sc. Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Science in biochemistry and molecular biology is a postgraduate program that allows students to understand the chemical process related to all living Organisms. You need to qualify 10 + 2 + 3 with a minimum score of an aggregate of 45 to 50%to apply for the scores.
The programme contains two essential subjects:
Scope of master of science in biochemistry and molecular biology
It all depends on what you want to do after completing your masters of science in biochemistry and molecular biology. You can also improve your skills and experience by gaining more knowledge of the subject. The programme exposes vast career options in various job sectors but also opens the doors for further studies in the same field. A few programmes you can apply for after this program include Ph.D. biochemistry.
The Ph.D. in biochemistry is nothing but a doctoral program of 3 to 5 years. You must complete the master's in biochemistry programme to pursue the programme. Admission to the programme can be secured after completing the entrance exams.
Career options for masters of science in biochemistry and molecular biology
Different pharmaceutical companies are vast employers of biochemistry students. The field is unexplored currently and holds tremendous growth, so most people today are looking forward to making a career in biochemistry. Several jobs are available for the master of science in biochemistry and molecular biology. You can try to get placed after completing the programme in several employment areas. Some job prospects are:
- You can work as a research scientist where your role would be to analyse all the information.
- You can become a lab technician, where you have to perform laboratory procedures.
- You can get a pharmacologist role where you would be studying and reporting how medicines and drugs interact with your body.
Programme offered at
- GITAM School of Science, Visakhapatnam campus
Duration of the Programme
- 2 Years
- A pass in the qualifying exam with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the concerned discipline from any recognized university and also the candidate has to appear for GAT (PG Science) 2022.
- B.Sc. with Biological Science/Chemistry/ Bioinformatics/BEM/B.Sc. Food Science/Home Science/B.Pharm./BPT/MLT/BDS