M.Sc Applied Mathematics
M.Sc. in Applied Mathematics is a 2-year program that offers in-depth knowledge in Applied Mathematics and makes the student an expert in various uses of mathematics in different fields. While MSc in Mathematics gives a student a detailed idea of abstract mathematics, applied mathematics traces the use of mathematics in a specific industry. A degree program in the area of Applied Mathematics can cover one or a combination of any of the following topics:
- Mathematics in Physics
- Mathematics in Probability
- Computational Biology
- Mathematics in Chemistry
- Mathematics in Economics
- Computational Science & Numerical Analysis.
The students pursuing this degree are also given detailed training in applying mathematics to daily life. This programme essentially focuses on the interconnectedness of mathematics with different fields. It enables a person to narrow down their knowledge of mathematics to a specific industry to become experts in those.
Scope of M.Sc in Applied Mathematics
Being an expert in mathematics and its application in various industries, a person can expect to get a job anywhere where numbers are needed to be focused. Whether you want to work in a multinational company or a government office- the scope of applied mathematics is endless.
Career options for M.Sc in Applied Mathematics
As an applied mathematician, you have many opportunities and job prospects to apply for. Especially when you niche down as an expert, your demand increases as you have a greater knowledge of the subject. You can choose the field that interests you and study the application of mathematics in that field in great depth. A few job profiles related to applied mathematics may be:
- Data analyst
- Quantitative risk analyst
- Equity analyst
Programme offered at
- GITAM School of Science, Visakhapatnam campus
Duration of the Programme
- 2 Years
- A pass in the qualifying exam with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the concerned discipline from any recognized university and also the candidate has to appear for GAT (PG Science) 2022.
- B.Sc. with Mathematics as one of the subjects and Mathematics & Physical Science in Intermediate/10+2 or equivalent.