The M.A. Economics is a post-graduate program which is divided into four semesters across 2 years. It is a popular choice amongst students of Arts. As a part of the master’s degree program, the programme focuses on providing students with a mix of theoretical knowledge in economics as well as a practical orientation in the applied aspects of economics.
The program helps the learners in developing an integrated view of the applied aspects of economics through its semester system, in which the programmes are handled in-depth and the students are evaluated continuously on various dimensions.
Scope of M.A. Economics
M.A. Economics has a wide range of applications because every firm has a financial department that requires skilled graduates to manage the economics and finance of a business entity. Therefore an M.A. Economics graduate with a good understanding of the subject has a great chance of securing desired jobs.
Our M.A. Economics programme helps the students to learn and experience the following:
- Application of conceptual knowledge of economic theories and ideas for the current economic situations
- Practical application of the theoretical concepts
- Inculcation of research-orientated mindset to help the graduates to choose the career of their choice
Career Options for M.A. Economics
Since the degree is related to various fields such as marketing, finance and the functioning of the economy, the graduates of M.A. Economy have a huge scope of employment in government and private sector enterprises.
Following are the major job profiles that a graduate can seek after completing M.A. Economics –
- Research analyst
- Data analyst
- Project manager
- Director of operations
- Credit analyst
- Financial analyst
Programme offered at
- GITAM School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Visakhapatnam Campus
Duration of the Programme
- 2 Years
- Any Bachelor of Arts Degree with at least one core area being Economics (or) BBA (or) B. Com (or) B. Sc Mathematics (or) B. Sc Statistics with at least 60% marks.