M. Pharm. Pharmaceutical Chemistry
At GITAM, the MSc Pharmaceutical Chemistry program is a two-year degree programme. This program provides students with a traditional degree in pharmaceuticals. It equips them with an understanding of fundamental chemistry and specialized chemical knowledge of medications and treatments, including their synthesis, analysis, and use. Students who have earned a bachelor's degree in chemistry or a closely related subject are eligible to apply for this programme.
The majority of the non-dispensing aspects of the pharmacy field are covered under the topic of pharmaceutical chemistry. Studying pharmaceutical chemistry enables one to get familiar with the following topics:
- The topic highlights the study of medicines. Among the aspects are drug chemistry, pharmacology, quality control, and drug development.
- Candidates learn about medications' metabolism, drug delivery, and life-saving therapies.
- Topics, including pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and biomedical analyses, are studied.
- It involves quality control and assurance checks to guarantee the accuracy and uniformity of the specific formulation created by the pharmacists.
Scope of Master of Pharmacy (M. Pharm. Pharmaceutical Chemistry)
Candidates can continue their education after earning their M.Pharm in Pharmaceutical Chemistry, preparing for several competitive pharmaceutical industry tests, and working in the commercial or public sectors. Below are some of the M.Pharm. in Pharmaceutical Chemistry's potential future applications.
- Ph.D. in the Pharmaceutical field
- Competitive tests and employment
Additionally, various positions in various businesses and Pharma companies are open to pharmacy students. Candidates can select the appropriate position and specialty according to their area of interest and strength.
Career options for Master of Pharmacy (M. Pharm. Pharmaceutical Chemistry)
The M. Pharm. in Pharmaceutical Chemistry has a lot of potential for future applicants. More employment roles are becoming visible and necessary as the pharmaceutical sector expands daily. The following lists the numerous job titles:
- Chemical analyst
- Customs Agent
- Drug Inspector
- Health Unit Director
- Lab Assistant
- Expert medical transcriber
Programme offered at
- GITAM School of Pharmacy, GIMSR Campus
Duration of the programme
- 2 Years
- Pass in B.Pharm. from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade and score obtained in GAT (PG Pharmacy) - 2022.