B. Tech. Computer Science and Engineering
Our 4- year B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering programme seeks to produce graduates who excel in computer science and engineering education with international standards for global employment and research. The programme focuses on equipping graduates with the skills to make their mark in the rapidly changing world of technology and build a successful career in the field of software engineering.
A B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering teaches students to design and develop computer-based applications of varying complexities in emerging areas of Computer Science and Engineering. The programme delivers specific capabilities for becoming experts in the field of computer engineering. A degree in this program will cover the following topics
- Fundamentals of engineering
- Computation and algorithms
- Programming languages
- Program and Application Design
- Hardware, Software, Networking & Security
Additionally, the programme will also educate the students on communication, leadership, finance, HR, and economics to help them build holistic capabilities that will contribute equally to the growth of their career and the industry they are working in.
Scope of B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering
The graduates in B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering will demonstrate competence in Computer Science and Engineering to become successful engineering professionals. The graduates will exhibit a commitment to developing sustainable solutions that satisfy the current societal needs. The programme will teach graduates to adapt to and aid in technological advances through life-long learning and innovation.
Career Options for B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering
Students who enroll in the B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering programme will have access to a wide range of career opportunities. The rapid world of technological progress has its doors open to computer science experts. Career options include:
- Software Developer
- Game Developer
- Database Administrator
- Network Engineer
- Data Analyst
- Testing Engineer
- Systems Analyst
Programmes offered at
- GITAM School of Technology, Visakhapatnam campus
- GITAM School of Technology, Hyderabad campus
- GITAM School of Technology, Bengaluru campus
Duration of the Programme
- 4 Years
- A minimum of 60% or 6.0 CGPA (55% in case of CBSE and ICSE) aggregate marks in Intermediate or 10+2 examination from a recognized central / state board (except open schools) with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics subjects and Qualified in GAT UG (Engineering) 2023.