Study B. Tech Biotechnology
Our 4-year B.Tech in BioTechnology programme seeks to teach students about today’s processes and biotech industries by delivering comprehensive knowledge of the subject, technical competence, and transferable skills. The programme enables students to develop a sound understanding of biotechnology principles and apply them to develop world-changing solutions.
A B.Tech in BioTechnology from our institute will teach students how to apply the principles of biotechnology and integrate the concepts of biotechnology in the fields of medicine and healthcare, agriculture, industry & environment, and the overall public good. The programme is designed to impart a comprehensive understanding of biotechnology for diverse applications. A degree in this program will cover the following topics :
- Introduction and principles of biotechnology in modern-world domains
- Basic principles of Mathematics, Natural Sciences, and Engineering Sciences.
- Research methods, including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information.
- Design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety.
- Multidisciplinary specializations in biotechnology topics.
Additionally, the programme will also educate the students on carrying out extensive research in the field of biotechnology and entrepreneurial skills that will help contribute to industrialization in solving problems of societal relevance.
Scope of B.Tech in Biotechnology
The programme will enable students to acquire knowledge of the essentials of Biology and Chemical engineering to lay a strong foundation for understanding the emerging and advanced engineering concepts in Biotechnology. It will equip them with the right biotechnology skills to develop products with improved characteristics for increasing farmers’ income, improving human health and decreasing environmental pollution.
Career Options for B.Tech in Biotechnology
Students who enroll in the B.Tech BioTechnology programme will access the wide range of career options available upon completion. The degree will fetch them entry into the world of biotechnology innovation, invention, and research. Career options include:
- Pharmaceutical Consultant
- Research Scientist
- Business Developer
- Clinical Technician
- Software Developer
- DNA Analyst
- Medical Representative
Programme offered at
- GITAM School of Technology, Visakhapatnam campus
Duration of the Programme
- 4 Years
- A minimum of 60% or 6.0 CGPA (55% in case of CBSE and ICSE) aggregate marks in Intermediate or 10+2 examination from a recognized central / state board (except open schools) with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics / Biology subjects and Qualified in GAT UG(Engineering) 2023.