B.Sc. in Physics is a 3-year program that provides a student with fundamental knowledge about physics and the principles of physics. Any student who is greatly attracted to the world's general phenomena and the laws of physics and wants to learn about the laws of physics dominating our lives and the world around us should choose this programme.
Physics is an extremely vast subject, and a lot can be learnt by choosing a bachelor of science in physics. Here are some of the topics that are covered under this programme:
- Classical mechanics
- Properties of matter
- Wave and optics
- Quantum physics
- Nuclear physics
Additionally, the students pursuing this degree are given a lot of exposure to practical hands-on lab experience, especially with the experiments conducted in the lab. The students are also given an idea about statistical physics and the practical applications of all the theories of physics in the modern day to solve complex real-world problems.
Scope of B.Sc. in Physics
As the subject in itself, that is, physics is very vast, the scope for students in BSC physics broadens even more. There are a lot of fields in which there is a need for people with in-depth knowledge of physics- both science and nonscience fields.
Career options for B.Sc. in Physics
There are a lot of job prospects for the students who have chosen BSc in physics as their programme. They can work as educators, innovators, advisors, and even technical writers in research and development areas. Some of the common job profiles that are seen in students who have completed their BSc in physics are:
- Lab supervisor
- Research associate
- Subject matter expert
Programme offered at
- GITAM School of Science,Visakhapatnam Campus
- GITAM School of Science,Hyderabad Campus
- GITAM School of Science,Benguluru Campus
Duration of the programme
- 3 Years
- A pass with minimum of 50% aggregate marks or second division in group (Optional Subjects) in Intermediate/10+2 examination from recognized State Boards/CBSE/ICSE or equivalent. Refer the following table for qualifying examination with specializations at Intermediate/10+2 level
- Intermediate/10+2 with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry or equivalentor equivalent from any recognized board or council and Qualifed in GAT (UG Management) 2022 Online Test.