B.Sc. in Mathematics is a 3-year program that offers in-depth knowledge and makes the student an expert in basic mathematical areas like calculus, algebra and statistics. It focuses on the theoretical understanding of mathematics and the practical application of the theories. A degree program in the area of Mathematics will cover the following topics:
- Probability and Analysis
- Complex Analysis
- Analytical geometry
The students pursuing this degree are also given an idea about the practical applications of mathematical theories. They can apply numerical problems to practical situations and solve real-world problems. As modern-day students, they are also taught the applications of different common software and computational devices that aid in solving complex mathematical problems.
Scope of B.Sc. in Mathematics
There is a vast scope for the students of Mathematics in all areas of Government and private sectors. Someone with a b.sc in mathematics can work in any place related to finance, information technology, science, space and the universe, education or even accounting. Any place dealing with numbers needs mathematicians to ensure everything is in harmony.
Career options for B.Sc in Mathematics
Mathematics is one field that offers you such a lot of flexibility that you can combine any of the pure or applied mathematical fields and couple it with any other of your passion for finding the career option that is going to cater to your liking. You can work in government institutions, the defense sector, banks, or space stations. Some of the career options for students who have opted for b.sc mathematics as their programme are:
- Data analyst
- Financial consultant
- Mathematical consultant
- Mathematics educator
- Data interpreter for the government
Programme offered at
- GITAM School of Science,Visakhapatnam Campus
- GITAM School of Science,Hyderabad Campus
- GITAM School of Science,Benguluru Campus
Duration of the programme
- 3 Years
- A pass with minimum of 60% aggregate marks or second division in group (Optional Subjects) in Intermediate/10+2 examination from recognized State Boards/CBSE/ICSE or equivalent.
- Intermediate/10+2 with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry or equivalentor equivalent from any recognized board or council and Qualifed in GAT (UG Management) 2022 Online Test.