Study B.A. with Major in Sociology
The B.A. Sociology is a professional undergraduate degree divided into 6 semesters across 3 years. The programme helps the students to learn about various aspects of the social world that includes the psychological nature of men and women and the barriers that persist between the different social strata.
The program prepares the students to adopt sociological thinking about individuals, society, interaction and more. It teaches the students about
- Prevalent theories of Sociology
- Qualitative and Quantitative Research
- Data Collection
- Data Analyses
The graduates are not only proficient in different principles of the subject, but also motivated to indulge in research, innovation, social entrepreneurship and incubation.
Scope of B.A. Sociology
The outcome-oriented teaching style ensures that the students practice sociology as educated and civically engaged citizens.
The professional ethics and values of Indian and global culture prepare the graduates to tackle social issues at rural and urban levels. In addition, the fundamental knowledge of society and social change, helps the graduates to secure jobs in social advocacy, NGOs, research organisations, and more.
The degree paves the path to the world of business, industry, and organizations. Graduates can either join public or private sector enterprises or prepare for higher education.
Career Options for B.A. Sociology
Our focus is on developing social leaders who are ethically committed to the profession and have total adherence to human values, and Indian and global culture.
Some of the various job opportunities after B.A. Sociology is listed below for your reference:
- Social worker
- Content writer
- Public relations officer
- Human resource specialist
- Administrative support
- Rehabilitation counsellor
- Family counsellor
- Survey researcher
Programme offered at
- GITAM School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Visakhapatnam Campus
Duration of the Programe
- 3 Years
- A minimum of 60% or 6.0 CGPA (55% in the case of CBSE, ICSE, ISCSE, IGSCE, and IB) in Pre-University / Higher Secondary / 10+2 / Intermediate examination in any discipline or equivalent from any recognized Board or Council and Qualified in GAT (UG Humanities) 2023.