Study B.A. with Major in Psychology
B.A. Psychology is a professional undergraduate degree divided into 6 semesters across 3 years. The programme helps the students to gain an ability on the fundamental psychological concepts that are aimed at easing the overall understanding of the subject.
The programme teaches the students about human nature. It enables the learners to analyse the concepts and theories of the subject and utilise scientific reasoning to evaluate various psychological phenomena.
In addition, our program is not just theory-based. We follow a methodology that teaches the students to research and applies relevant scientific knowledge to find solutions to psychological problems prevalent in society.
Scope of B.A. Psychology
Our B.A. Psychology program covers a number of modern-day psychological science approaches. It helps a student to learn how to interpret, predict, and apply psychological principles to different personal, social and organisational issues.
The students learn to effectively plan and execute a career in clinical, organisational and other applied areas of Psychology. In addition, the graduates become competent enough to take up any at the community level and research.
Apart from applying for jobs in clinics, schools, hospitals and other organisations, the graduate can also apply for various government sector jobs or simply prepare for higher education.
Career Options for B.A. Psychology
A psychology graduate from our university is competent enough to apply the theoretical scientific psychological principles to practical use at the societal level to manage community problems.
Some of the various job opportunities after B.A. Psychology is listed below for your reference:
- Career counsellor
- Social worker
- Advertising Agents
- Health Educator
- Clinical Psychologist
- Child Psychologist
- Social Psychologist
- Developmental Psychologist
Apart from these job opportunities, there is a huge demand for Psychology graduates in government sectors. A graduate can also prepare for UPSC post the competition of the degree.
Programme offered at
- GITAM School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Visakhapatnam Campus
- GITAM School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Hyderabad campus
- GITAM School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Bengaluru campus
Duration of the Programme
- 4 Years (Honours - 4th year Optional)
- A minimum of 60% or 6.0 CGPA (55% in the case of CBSE, ICSE, ISCSE, IGSCE, and IB) in Pre-University / Higher Secondary / 10+2 / Intermediate examination in any discipline or equivalent from any recognized Board or Council and Qualified in GAT (UG Humanities) 2023.