Study B.A. with Major in Mass Communication
The B.A. Mass Communication is a 3 years undergraduate programme in the field of Journalism and Mass Communication. The programme has been designed to impart knowledge of Mass Communication and allied subjects and equip students to become competent professionals in the media and entertainment industry.
The program helps the students to earn the following skills:
- Hone the communication, ICT and other professional life skills
- Become proficient in research-based methodologies for identifying and covering stories
- Develop and learn professional ethics, democratic values and appreciation for Indian and global culture
In the end, it enables the students to become responsible professionals with grass root insights and global visions.
Scope of B.A. Mass Communication
Our B.A. Mass Communication program is an outcome-based programme. The programme enables one to understand the complete foundational study of Mass Communication. It will help them to acquire skills and competencies to undertake numerous professional jobs as per the industry demands.
With the competition of the programme, the students will have the know-how of the pre-production, production and production process. Moreover, the program will help them to apply creative thinking and technical skills in media production such as creating and disseminating content.
After completing the graduation programme, students can either opt for a full-time job in different industries or choose to study further.
Career Options for B.A. Mass Communication
Post the completion of the programme, students have the opportunity to begin their careers straight away. There are many opportunities in private media and entertainment companies. Some of the job profiles are listed below:
- Film Production
- Video/Radio Jockey
- Public Relations
There are many opportunities apart from the one listed above. Students can also decide to focus on other significant master's degrees after this UG programme.
Programme offered at
- GITAM School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Hyderabad campus
Duration of the Programme
- 3 Years
- A Minimum of 60% of marks in Pre-University / Higher Secondary / 10+2 / Intermediate examination in any discipline or equivalent from any recognized Board or Council.