Study B.A. with Major in English
B.A. English is an undergraduate program divided into 3 years. It is concerned with the English language, linguistics, literature, communication studies and composition.
The program aims to impart complete education in sync with GITAM's vision and mission. The program prepares the student's knowledge, multidisciplinary point of view and employable skills.
The curriculum of the programme is designed to meet the desire of the students who want to make a career in the media industry, publishing, translation, corporate training, advertising, and more. It also lays a foundation for higher education, research and academic careers.
Scope of B.A. English
The scope of the B.A.in English program is immense. It provides many career options to the students in the end. The programme focuses on developing the ability to prepare, organise and deliver content in a different format such as speech and writing for academic and professional use. You can expect to not only become an effective communicator but also learn to interpret human emotions through literary representations. Graduates get exposed to multiple literary texts across genres. In addition, the critical and theoretical approaches help them to secure employment at organisations in various lucrative profiles.
Career Options for B.A. English
With the help of an able training and placement cell along with the support of the teaching staff, the students are prepared well for job placement.
Our B.A. English programme guarantees an array of job opportunities. The students can choose to make their career in any of the following after suitable internships and training –
- Linguistic Expert and Translation Services
- Publication Houses
- Media and Event Management
- Language and Literary Research Enterprises
- PR and Advertising
- Marketing and Strategic Communication
- Social Media Marketing
- Web Content Manager
- Digital Copywriter
- Advertising Copywriter
- Academic Librarian
Programme offered at
- GITAM School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Visakhapatnam Campus
- GITAM School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Hyderabad campus
- GITAM School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Bengaluru campus
Duration of the Programme
- 3 Years
- A Minimum of 60% of marks in Pre-University / Higher Secondary / 10+2 / Intermediate examination in any discipline or equivalent from any recognized Board or Council.