Study B.A. with Major in Economics
B.A. Economics is a three-years, full-time undergraduate degree programme. The B.A. Economics graduate is a field of study that focuses on economics, banking, domestic and international markets, etc. This helps the students to gain knowledge related to the topics that include national income, production and supply, demand and supply and more.
Our programme has been designed in such a way that the students find its applications in modern-day banking, finance, and other major corporate sectors.
Scope of B.A. Economics
The scope of pursuing a BA in Economics has witnessed a surge in the last decade, due to a large number of opportunities it offers in the end.
It prepares a graduate to help design models to deal with problems and issues related to economics and tackle them effectively.
The programme covers subjects like -
- Macro and Microeconomics
- Financial economics
- Economic statistics
- Advanced Macroeconomics
- Money and Financial Markets
- International Economics
- Economics of Health and Education
- Political Economy
Career Options for B.A. Economics
We have a highly active and agile training and placement cell. The cell is responsible for exposing the students to constant training in personality development, and employable skills.
A B.A. Economics graduates can get placed at some of the highly sought-after public and private enterprises. The graduates can get campus placements in private in top private companies in profiles such as:
- Investment Banker
- Foreign Trade Analyst
- Cost Estimator
- Market Research Analyst
- Economic writer/Journalist
- Sales Analyst
- Portfolio Manager
- Operations Manager
- Credit Analyst
Programme offered at
- GITAM School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Visakhapatnam Campus
- GITAM School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Hyderabad campus
- GITAM School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Bengaluru campus
Duration of the Programme
- 3 Years
- A Minimum of 60% of marks in Pre-University / Higher Secondary / 10+2 / Intermediate examination in any discipline or equivalent from any recognized Board or Council. For admission in B.A. Economics, the applicant must have studied and passed Mathematics at the qualifying examination (10+2 level).