Our four-years undergraduate degree, Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm), is offered in the area of pharmacy education. After finishing class 12 (MPC/B), students interested in the medical sector but do not want to become doctors can enrol in this programme. Graduates of this programme can pursue careers as pharmacists. They can find employment in a variety of fields that are involved in the prescription, production, and distribution of medications.
Candidates can work in the medical and healthcare industries pharmacy sector after completing a bachelor's degree in pharmacy. The key subjects covered in this degree program are
- Biostatistics and Pharmaceutical Mathematics
- Biotechnology in pharmaceuticals
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
Scope of Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm.)
After earning their B.Pharm degree, students have many professional opportunities. The students can pursue advanced pharmacy studies, such as With the need for Pharma professionals growing every year, the Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm) is one of the medical industry's evergreen disciplines.
There are several prospects for students in the pharmaceutical industry. The students can work for a pharmaceutical business or engage in pharmacy practice.
Career options for Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm.)
The students can work for a pharmaceutical business or engage in pharmacy practice. You can work in divisions like quality control, manufacturing, packing, marketing, production, etc., at a pharmaceutical company.
B.Pharm graduates can find employment in many different fields and sectors. Students are exposed to a wide choice of diverse and flexible professions. Some of the careers open to B.Pharm graduates include
- Food and Drug Inspector
- Drug Therapist
- Analytical Chemist
- Hospital Drug Coordinator
- Chemical/Drug Technician
- Research Officer
- Health Inspector
- Research & Development Executive
Programme offered at
- GITAM School of Pharmacy, GIMSR Campus
- GITAM School of Pharmacy, Hyderabad Campus
Duration of the programme
- 4 Years
- A minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Intermediate or 10+2 examination or its equivalent from a recognized central / state board or its equivalent with Mathematics/ Biology, Physics & Chemistry subjects and also score obtained in GAT (UG Pharmacy) - 2022.