B.Sc. Radiology & Imaging Technology
Our popular Medical Science program B. Sc. Radiology and Imaging Technology, lasts for 3 years and prepares students to diagnose and treat various illnesses and disorders utilizing X-rays. The candidate should have a sharp eye for detail, excellent research abilities, the ability to analyse technical data, and the ability to utilize radiography equipment with the highest accuracy if they want to develop a successful career in radiology and radiography. And candidates may become ready for that by doing a B. Sc. Radiology and Imaging Technology programme!
B.Sc. Radiology and Imaging Technology, which incorporates components of Physics, Biology, and Chemistry, gives vast knowledge in a variety of fields through modules like:
- The fundamentals of medical imaging
- Medical Radiographic Technique
- Human Anatomy
- Radiation Physics
- Radiographic Equipment
- Para-Clinic Training and many more
Scope of B. Sc. Radiology and Imaging Technology
With the advancement of technology and the production of new devices daily, the scope of BSc radiology is expanding daily. Radiographers are becoming more in demand. In this programme, students can discover various work opportunities in both the public and private sectors. Additionally, these positions provide a fair wage that rises with years of employment and expertise.
Career options for B. Sc. Radiology and Imaging Technology
The demand for qualified radiology technicians is rising steadily in hospitals, clinics, and doctor's offices. Future job growth in radiography will continue to be greater than average. The careers of radiologists are well-paying. Hospitals typically need radiologists.
Typical radiography jobs:
- Technician in Radiology
- Assistant Radiologist in Radiology
- Radiographer/Radiology Technician
- Nurse Radiologist
- Technician / Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound Sonographer
- MRI Technologist
- CT technician
- CAT scan technician or CT scan technician
Programme offered at
- GITAM School of Paramedical Sciences, GIMSR Campus
Duration of the programme
- 3 Years
- A minimum of 60% aggregate marks in the Intermediate or 12th examination from a recognized central / state board or its equivalent with Biology, Physics, Chemistry and English subjects.