LL. M. (International Law)
The L.L.M (International Law) is a 1-year full-time programme which aims at imparting quality legal education leading to excellence and innovation. The postgraduate programme specialises in all aspects related to international law. The topics covered in the program include both international laws in relation to India as well as the world.
The program has a mix of current legal theory and practices with the emerging trends in the field of law with the aim of shaping the learners into globally competent and visionary legal researchers and practitioners. The academic excellence of the programme enables the students to flourish not only in careers but also in other contexts.
Scope of L.L.M (International Law)
The programme has been designed in such a way that it creates an awareness of the ethical, social, political and economic context in which the basic values and principles of the law are competing.
In reference to the Indian judicial system, the programme covers the following topics -
- Law and Social Transformation in India
- Indian Constitutional Law, and more
In reference to the current global climate, the following topics are covered -
- International Relations and Law of Treaties
- International Human Rights
- World Trade Law, and more
Career Options for L.L.M (International Law)
The graduates of this programme will be able to grab opportunities in different fields whether it be corporate or business law through various MNCs, Trade Law through International Trade Organizations, and more.
After the programme is over the students have the opportunity to begin their careers straight away. Some of the various job opportunities after L.L.M (International Law) are as follows –
- Policy Advisor
- Legal Associate
- Legal Expert Advisor
- Corporate Lawyer
- International Lawyer
- Government Lawyer
Programme offered at
- GITAM School of Law, Visakhapatnam Campus
Duration of the programme
- 1 Year
- The Candidate should have passed Graduation in Law (LL.B / BA.LLB / BBA.LLB / BSc.LLB / B.Com.LLB) from any recognized University with not less than 50% marks (45% in case of SC / ST and persons with disability). Candidates awaiting results may also apply for the programme. Admission into LLM programme is based on LSAT / CLAT programme. As per the orders of the Supreme Court, there is no age limit for candidates who wish to pursue LLM.