Future plans of the centre
- Provide facility to test stressed specimens under compression.
- Conduct of workshop on blast-resistant structures.
- Provide facility to test stressed beams.
- Collaboration with CBRI to undertake joint research.
- Offer consultancy services for the design of fire and blast-resistant structures.
- Offer certificate programmes on the fire-resistant design of structures.
- Undertake extensive research to produce fire-resistant concrete.
- Create facilities for testing fire-rated doors as per IS 3614 part 2.
- Create facilities for testing fire extinguishers as per IS 15683:2006.
- Prepare a manual for health assessment of fire-affected concrete structures.
- Develop new technology for the improvement of thermal comfort in habitats.
codalprovisions for assessment of fire resistance of structures suitable for Indian conditions.