Future plans of the Centre
- Establishment of ENVIS
centreby Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate change, New Delhi. It envisages good recognition at the national level and also facilitates annual recurring expenditure for the maintenance of the centre.
- Recognition of Centre laboratories by Central Pollution Control Board to strengthen the industrial consultancy activities.
- Sponsored projects will be encouraged to apply in the following fields
- Coastal and Marine Ecosystem.
- Bio-diversity Studies of Eastern Ghats.
- Environmental Assessment on Mangroves.
- Climate Change and Energy Research.
- Ecosystem Services, Carbon Capture, and Storage.
- Social Awareness
- Training and awareness among school children on water quality and sanitation.
- Conduct of workshops on various environmental issues.