Redressal of grievances
The following mechanisms are in place for redressal of examination related grievances of students and to ensure transparency.
- Re totaling, Revaluation & Reappearance for Backlogs
- Re totaling*:
Re totaling of the theory answer scripts of the end-semester examinations is permitted on request, on payment of the prescribed fee within seven days from the date of announcement of the result.
- Revaluation** :
Revaluation of the theory answer scripts of the end-semester examinations is also permitted on request, on payment of the prescribed fee within seven days from the date of announcement of the results.
* For UG Programs ** Only for UG Programs with Single Valuation
- Reappearance for Backlogs:
- Re totaling*:
- A student who has secured ‘F’ grade in a theory course shall have to reappear at the subsequent Semester/Trimester - end examinations held for that course to improve the grade.
- A student who has secured ‘F’ grade in a practical course shall have to attend special Instruction classes held during summer to improve the grade.
- A student who has secured ‘F’ grade in Project work / Industrial Training etc shall have to improve his/her report and reappear for Viva – voce at the time of special examinations to be conducted in the summer vacation.
- Special Examinations
A student who has completed his period of study and still has “F” grade in a ‘specified number’* of theory courses is eligible to appear for special examinations normally held during summer vacation.
* Calculated based on the prescribed years of study of a program (n) + one course. For example, a 4 year B.Tech. Program student can appear for special examinations if he has “F” grade in a maximum of five theory courses (4 + 1) only.
- Special Drive Examinations
Candidates who have completed their period of study and who have ‘F’ grade in only one theory course even after special examinations are eligible to appear for special drive examination.
- Betterment of Grades :
- A student who has secured only a Pass or Second class and desires to improve his/her Class can appear for Betterment Examinations only in Theory courses conducted during summer vacation.
- Candidates can appear for Betterment @ one course, across the semesters/trimesters, for the number of semesters/trimesters they have studied.
e. g. an eight semester B.Tech., student can appear for betterment in any eight courses of study; a six trimester MBA student can appear for betterment in any six courses of study and so on.
- Betterment of grades is permitted ‘only once’ immediately after completion of the program of study.
- Repeat Continuous Evaluation(RCE):
- Candidates who have secured less than 40% marks in the continuous evaluation component of a course (Theory/Practical) are eligible for RCE by attending Special Instruction classes, putting in a minimum 90% biometric attendance.
- Candidates can appear for RCE in any course ‘only once’, during the ‘duration ‘ of the program (normal period of study +additional two years)
- Candidates currently studying a Program can appear for a maximum of six courses at a time. There is no such limit for candidates who have completed their study.