1. Distinguish between storm sewage and sanitary sewage explain the imperial formula and their limitations in calculating the quality of storm sewage.
- Differentiate between B.O.D and C.O.D
- Discuss in detail how storm water quantity can be estimated by rational method.
- Write out the laboratory procedure for the determination of B.O.D at 200 c of sewage samples, what is the significance of this test?
- What is B.O.D? Deduce an exposition for B.O.D with time. What are the factors on which the deoxygenating constant (k) depends?
- Discuss in detail how the domestic sewage and storm waters are estimated for the design flow of sewage.
- Explain how you would estimate the rate of flow in a storm sewage system.
- Explain what are B.O.D and the procedure for its determination.