Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department
Dr. Basavaraja Banakara
, ME, MBA(HR), PhD (NITW)
Vice Principal & HOD
- The Department was established during the year 2009-2010
- The department has widely spaced well equipped Networks, Measurements & Machines laboratories with Precision & accurate measuring technologies.
- The department has qualified staff that has rich experience in Teaching and Industry.
- The department has Academic Monitoring Committee governed by Counselors & hence maintains good student relationship & parent’s interaction.
- The aim is to impart high quality technical education and promote the growth of Electrical profession with moral and professional standards
- The faculties are engaged in active research in the areas of Optimal Power flows, Power system operation and control, Power Quality, FACTS Devices, Power electronic drives, vector control of induction machines.
- The Department identified Power systems, Sensor less control of Induction Motors and power electronics as thrust areas for research.
- Automation, experimentation, industrial tours and training and Hardware Projects are integrated into curriculum
- Students develop and maximize their professional skills through academic study, discussion with experts, utilization of advanced software package like MATLAB, PSCAD, ETAP, PSPICE.etc