Dr.S.Ganapaty was graduated from Andhra University and obtained Masters degree and Ph.D in Pharmaceutical Sciences from Andhra University and later joined as an Asst.Professor in the Dept. of Pharm. Sciences in 1979. He was promoted as Associate Professor (1987) and Professor in 1998. Prof.Ganapaty has also pursued M.Sc (Pharmacology) program in the University of Strathclyde, Glasgow (UK). He had 35 years of teaching and research experience. He supervised 35 doctoral students leading to Ph.D degrees and successfully handled six major research projects on Indian Medicinal Plants. To his credit he has two patents and more than 150 research publications in peer reviewed National and International journals. Prof.Ganapaty has also recieved a good number of awards in recognition of his research contribution in the area of Natural Products.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- Received Sri. J. J. Rao award for Best Ph.D thesis in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Andhra University at 60th Convocation.
- Received Best Researcher award in the 72nd Convocation of Andhra University,2006
- Received Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan Best Academician award of Andhra University ,on 5th September 2007
- Received a National award, Pharmacy Teacher of the year -2007 by Association of Pharmacy Teachers of India (APTI) at 12th APTI National Convention held at Chandigarh during October 3-5, 2007.
- Received Overseas Development Shared Scholarship (ODASS) to pursue M.Sc in Pharmacology in the University of Strathclyde, Glasgow (U.K.), one of the ranking Universities in U.K.
- Fellow, A.P. Academy of Sciences, Andhra Pradesh
- Member, Board of Studies, Bangalore University, Bangalore, Member, Board of Studies, Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur and Member, Board of Studies, Faculty of Pharmacy, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar (Orissa)
- Chairman, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam during 2008-2010
- Member, Editorial Board, Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Education (APTI)
- Member, Editorial Board, Indian Journal of Natural Products
- Member, Editorial Board, Pharmacognosy Magazine, Bangalore.
- Screening Committee Member, for CSIR, UGC Major Research projects.
- Consultant, Herbal Drug Industries in Andhra Pradesh State
- Chairman, for a number of scientific sessions in Conferences, Indian pharmaceutical Congress, Seminars and Symposia.
- Life Member in a many Professional Bodies (IPA, IPGA, APTI, ISPC).
- Member, American Chemical Society
- Resource person, Academic Staff College, Andhra University and other Pharmacy Colleges in India.
- Panel of Inspectors, Pharmacy Council of India 1996- till to date
- Panel of Inspectors, All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
- Associate Dean (Student Affairs), Andhra University: July 2002- May 2005
- Warden, College of Engineering, Andhra University: April 1998- Sept, 2003
- Member, Advisory Committee, University Scientific Instrumentation Center (USIC) (1988-90)
- Secretary, Indian Pharmaceutical Association, Visakhapatnam Branch (1998-2002)
- Coordinator, IQAC/ISO Andhra University, Visakhapatnam
- Principal, University College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Andhra University from August, 2010 to June 2013
- Rector, Andhra University from July 1, 2013 to 31 July 2013 (till retirement).
- Presently working as Dean & Principal of GITAM Institute of Pharmacy, GITAM University, Visakhapatnam.
Hit Count : 48440